Professor Tribó has published 25 articles in JCR journals in areas as diverse as corporate social responsibility, business innovation, the cost of financing, the brand value of companies or inventory management. Josep is currently working on CSR, social networks and their impact on firms’ investment/financing decisions
The most significant publications (last 10 years)
- “Banks’ Equity Holdings and their Impact on Securities Issues,” Corporate Governance: An International Review (forthcoming).
- “The Impact of Health Research on Length of Stay in Spanish Public Hospitals,” with Antonio García-Romero and Álvaro Escribano. Research Policy 46(3), pp. 591–604 (2017).
- “Using Panel Data DEA to measure CEOs’ Focus of Attention: An Application to the Study of Cognitive Group Membership and Performance,” with Jordi Surroca and Diego Prior. Strategic Management Journal 37(2), pp. 370–388 (2016).
- “Segment Disclosure and Cost of Capital,” with Belen Blanco and Juan Manuel García Lara. Journal of Business Finance and Accounting 42 (3-4), pp. 367-411 (2015).
- “Creditor Intervention, Investment, and Growth Opportunities,” with Beatriz Mariano. Journal of Financial Services Research 47(2), pp. 203-228 (2015).
- “Impact of Ethical Behavior on Syndicated Loan Rates” with Moshe Kim and Jordi Surroca. Journal of Banking and Finance 38, pp. 122-144 (2014).
- “The relation between segment disclosure and earnings quality” with Belén Blanco and Juan Manuel García Lara. Journal of Accounting and Public Policy 33(5), pp. 449-469 (2014).
- “Stakeholder Pressure on MNEs and the Transfer of Socially Irresponsible Practices” with Jordi Surroca and Shaker Zahra. Academy of Management Journal, 56, pp. 549-572 (2013).
- “Corporate social responsibility and inventory policy” with Lucía Barcos, Alicia Barroso and Jordi Surroca. International Journal of Production Economics 143(2), pp. 580-588 (2013).
- “Generating Global Brand Equity through Corporate Social Responsibility to Key Stakeholders” with Anna Torres, Tammo H. Bijmolt and Peter Verhoef. International Journal of Research in Marketing, 29(1), pp.13-24 (2012).
- “Ownership structure and minority expropriation: the case for multiple blockholders” María Gutiérrez and Beatriz Mariano. Applied Financial Economics 22(24), pp. 2075-2083 (2012).
- “Do satisfied customers lead to greater brand equity?” with Anna Torres. Journal of Business Research 64, pp. 1089-1096 (2011).
- “Corporate Responsibility and Financial Performance: The Role of Intangible Resources” with Jordi Surroca and Sandra Waddock. Strategic Management Journal, 31(5), pp. 463-490 (2010).
- “Does the effect of public support for R&D depend on the degree of appropriability?“ with Andrea Fosfuri and Liliana Gelabert. Journal of Industrial Economics 27 (4), pp. 736-767 (2009).
- “Banks as firms’ blockholders: A study for Spain” with María J. Casasola. Applied Financial Economics 20 (5), pp. 425-438 (2010).
- “Managing External Knowledge Flows: The Moderating Role of Absorptive Capacity” with Alvaro Escribano and Andrea Fosfuri. Research Policy, 38, pp. 96-105 (2009).
- “Managerial Entrenchment and Corporate Social Performance” with Jordi Surroca. Journal of Business Finance and Accounting 35(5), pp. 748-760 (2008).
- “Are socially responsible managers really ethical? Exploring the relationship between earnings management and corporate social responsibility” with Diego Prior and Jordi Surroca. Corporate Governance: An international Review 16(3), pp, 160-177 (2008). (Runner-up to best paper of 2008).
- “Firms’ stock market flotation: Effects on inventory policy”. International Journal of Production Economics 118, pp.10-18 (2009).
- “Exploring the Antecedents of Potential Absorptive Capacity and its Impact on Innovation Performance” with Andrea Fosfuri. Omega 36, pp. 173-87 (2008).
- “Do the Type and Number of Blockholders Influence R&D Investments? New evidence from Spain” with Pascual Berrone and Jordi Surroca. Corporate Governance: An international Review 15 (5), pp. 828-42 (2007).
- “Corporate ethical identity as a determinant of firm performance: a test of the mediating role of stakeholder satisfaction”, with Pascual Berrone and Jordi Surroca. Journal of Business Ethics 76 (1), pp. 35-53 (2007).